Steps To Installation for boards 6ft – 6’8ft Adjustments must be made for boards under and over these lengths
- Measure 900 mm from the housing to the front plug
- Must be placed in the flattest part of the board
- Housing be installed near fins on rear of board
- Using the hole saw bore a hole 15mm deep for the front plug
- Using the RPELA TEMPLATE and TRIMER cut a hole deep enough to place the housing totally flat with glass
- Using a scraper or pop stick make a grove 3mm deep alone the stringer
- Push the wire into the groove below glass depth
- Using epoxy or polyester resin, coat all recessed foam.
- Place the front plug and housing into the recess and place weights on both until resin sets
- Place glassing sticker on both housing and front plug
- Glass over using laminating coat
- After filler coat sand flush
- Remove glassing stickers and clear dust from housing
- Check the sub fits in the housing and sits flush
- Replace the glassing sticker on front electrode with eye sticker provided. This must be used to stop current travelling straight to rails.
- Check that the front electrode screw has not been covered with resin brass must be in full contact with water to be operational.
While we at RPELA currently sell templates and bearings for installation, we strongly recommend using one of our approved installers proved installers.
What Tools You Need
- 1 x Drill
- 1 x Trimer
- FCS Hole saw
- Future 3/4 One pass cutter
- Epoxy / Poly Resin
- Fibreglass 4oz cloth
- Sander and sand paper
- tape measure
- RPELA TEMPLATE and BEARING BRUSH
- RPELA HOUSING and FRONT PLUG KIT
If you gave any questions regarding install drop us a line below .
INSTALL QUESTION FILL OUT BELOW